Monday, October 13, 2008

a lot- part 2



Long blogs are hard to read, so I broke it up. :)


Olivia loves to tell jokes. They never make sense and she ask me the other day why I don't laugh after them. There is nothing to even remotely laugh at. Travis bought her a joke book a while ago, but she doesn't quite get it. I know it will click one day. She is really good, however, at telling stories and does all of the time. The other day Annika told her first joke. But she called it a joke story and even started with "Once upon a time..." She also told a her first short story, "Once upon a time there was a booty in the jungle." This was funny. Watching a two year old talk is just amusing. I love the way they pronounce stuff.




Olivia got a flat friend in the mail from a little girl named Ema in the Czech republic. Olivia drew a picture of herself on card stock and sent it over there and Ema sent hers here. We take Ema's person she drew around with us and take pictures. Then we make a scrapbook and send it back. So far, Ema's been to the store, our house, church, and the dentist. Hopefully she will make it to dance and gymnastics.




Olivia has also started Suzuki piano lessons. It is really neat. We go one night a week and then practice at home. This isn't my strong point. It makes me wonder how in the world I am going to home school. Annika finally learned tonight that she has to do something else during practice. Banging on the keys while Olivia is trying to play just won't work. (This was her first lesson. She learned some things on the piano while it was closed first. She does not have a proper piano hand here- they were working on something else.)




Travis went to Denver to his annual meeting. He interviewed with Auburn, TCU, and UCA. He is going for a campus visit to TCU sometime in the next few weeks. Ft. Worth sounds really fun. Although God will have to overcome some major hurdles in the housing market for us. Why did I call them hurdles. Like God has a hurdle. While Travis was gone, he left me a note for each day and fun surprise. He is so sweet! He left me pretty stationary, some really yummy apple juice that I can't think of the name of now that was in cute little glass bottles, candy pumpkins, and IBC rootbeer. Yum!


It is good to have daddy back!

We are going to Chicago with my mom in a few weeks. I can't wait. Olivia, Annika, and I are going to meet my parents there and go to the American Girl Doll store. The girls are SO excited! I have to admit I am too! Chicago is my favorite big city and it is just fun to go somewhere. And even though I'll be traveling alone, it will be easy to do one flight. (Hopefully everything will go well) And it will be a warm up for traveling to AR two weeks later for Thanksgiving.




I am so excited to go to LR. To get Olivia's teeth fixed and to get our hair cut. The girls haven't had their hair cut in 11 months and I haven't had mine cut in 8 months. Can't wait! Also, it means I will have Olivia's dental appts here behind me and her dr appt where she is supposed to get 6 shots! We are picking two to do now and the flu shot. I am not sure who should get their shots first. A with one or Olivia with 3? Hmmm.... Anyone want to take them for me?




I need to post a recipe, too. I will see what I posted last time. Although, it is late, so those will have to wait for another day!


1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Hmm? Denver?? Denver is nice :)

I love our kids' jokes! Really painful, but last for such a short time!!