Oh, a lot of things have happened since the last post. If only the computer would post all of the blogs I make in my head. This will be random, but since I haven't been good at keeping up with the girls' calendars, I need to keep stuff somewhere.
Olivia is getting her first permanent tooth. Hopefully it will be much healthier than her others. She has had reflux since she was a baby- which explains a lot of issues she had as a baby. But it wasn't diagnosed until she was 2. So her teeth got a lot of acid they shouldn't have-resulting in a mouth full of unhealthy teeth. If things go as I expect, around $2000 will have been spent in the past two months. I can say how much it has cost b/c he has given us a prof. discount since my step-dad is a dentist and some of it has been done in LR with no charge. So it would have been way more. All of her molars have decay. Right now, three crowns (we got one today and get two in three weeks), three pulpotomies, one root canal, one huge filling. She still has one more crown to get in LR and three more cavities that will hopefully make it until LR. If she gets a little cavity, it goes straight for the root b/c there is nothing to stop it. I am not fond of this and would like to have a few words with her pediatrician in Fayetteville who missed some pretty obvious signs.
FYI- to properly brush your children's teeth- you should not use toothpaste. It is simply there to give them some flavor (until they can use the fluoride kind). So you lay them in your lap and use a wet toothbrush. Get along the gum line the best you can and do it everyday! Then floss. It quickly becomes part of the routine, so it isn't a big deal. In the mornings, they can brush their teeth themselves with toothpaste. Olivia's days of gum, fruit snacks, and anything chewy are gone. Thankfully she loves her "metal ring" that she got today. She even showed the lady at Kroger.
Annika is doing well. She is slowly adjusting to laying still, not singing, and not trying to watch TV while I brush her teeth. The past three days she has had a wild look in her eye. You can see it from across the room. I can't believe I had forgotten what it looked like. It was on her face everyday as a younger toddler until we beat it out of her. Kidding. Mostly. :) Of course, we didn't beat her, but she did get her fair share of spankings. Hopefully it will pass in a couple of days.
The girls have rediscovered computer games. Annika is getting to play for the first time. I think Olivia started at 18 months. They are cute playing them. It has actually been really helpful b/c Annika is constantly trying to take Olivia's baby doll. (she has her own, exactly like it! But that is not good enough.) They don't play long, but it is a good distraction sometimes!
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment