Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crazy Adventure

Well, our lives are about to change again drastically. Like they did 6 weeks ago. Today was a loooooooooooong one. This little girl has either a super high day or a no good, very bad day. Today was the latter. Defiant in everything. EVERYTHING. I was really looking forward to church tomorrow, but I hate to take all 3 of the girls and their colds to church. But Travis will be here tomorrow, so that should help some. And hopefully we'll end on a high note! I want to share about these not so good days too because it is good to be realistic and is good for those considering doing this to know more of what it is really like. It isn't a fairy tale, like I often think of for families. It is another life, with lots of needs, and you don't get to follow your own parenting rules. You do what the state says. That can be very difficult. But this has definitely been a blessing I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on. And I am so glad God involved us in her little life and has {hopefully} used us to help heal her heart.
This whole thing almost seems like a dream. Travis described it great. He said it is like we've been on some crazy adventure that no one knows about. None of our family or close friends ever got to meet her- so it is like a second life we've lived. It has drastically impacted us, but our family really has no idea. I am really looking forward to going to visit family next week, but I am also a little nervous. What if no one asks about this precious life that we are missing? How could they know how sweet and special she was? How can I fully say how we were impacted? Do any of them really care? These are all good things for me to think through and honestly it really doesn't matter. God knows and I feel completely honored to have gotten to be a part of his work in her life. That is enough- I just need to remember that! :)

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I was just about to text you to tell you we are praying for your last day with her today. I have NO doubt that your impact will be in her heart forever.
Hugs.