Wednesday, March 2, 2011

overwhelmed

That's how I feel right now. Not like you'd think, but as I watch our newest little one each day, I see more and more where she was neglected. It makes me sick. At this moment, it is overwhelming. How can an 18 month old not know I am there to help her? The only time she asks for help is for food. Not when she falls, gets hurt, needs to reach something, is awake in bed, or anytime. It is terrible to think she doesn't even know she should be loved and cared for that way.
I know this happens all of the time in orphanages and homes around the world. But her home wasn't supposed to be all that neglectful. Which scares me. They don't even see what I see. Will they listen to what I have seen? Will they watch for that as she grows?
She is probably moving onto a family member's house soon and I can only trust that God will provide her with an amazingly loving family that will care for her and heal those terrible hurt places she doesn't even know about. I can't imagine how it must hurt God's heart to watch his children hurt. Because it is almost more than I can stand right now. My prayer for her is that she'll always know he is with her and that he will free her from the life this world has promised her.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

I Love your heart. I don't understand it at all, but I am so thankful you were able to pour into her for a short time. Hugs.